South African Food Bloggers Conference 2010
The South African Food Bloggers Conference is happening finally and I think it is going to be a wonderful conference. Not only will we be fortunate enough to meet other bloggers from Food24, but also other South African Bloggers. The day is going to be full and jam packed with valuable information that will definitely inspire you to take your blog a notch or two up…..
Here again is a reminder to all food bloggers and those readers and lurkers on the blogs who might be interested in starting up their own blogs.
Date: Sunday 21 March 2010
Time: 9.30 for 10am – 5pm
Venue: The Giggling Gourmet Cooks Playground – just opened on Napier Street opposite the new Cape Quarter.
A buffet style lunch will be served by the Giggling Gourmet team
Keynote Speaker – Jeanne Horak-Druiff from the award winning blog Cooksister
Other speakers – the delightful and talented Nina Timm from My Easy Cooking Jane-Anne Hobbs, otherwise known as Juno, professional book editor, sub-editor and writer of 20 years experience and author of the fabulous blog Scrumptious SA and Sam Wilson Editor in Chief of Women24, Food24 and Parent24.
Cost – R430.00 (including a goodie bag but excluding travel or accommodation expenses)
The venue can accommodate 100 delegates so please book urgently if you don’t want to miss out on the blogging event of the year :o)
Here is the day’s agenda – to whet your appetite if you have not yet decided that this is for you:
- 09.30 – 10.00: Registration and Champagne/Orange Juice
- 10.00 – 10.15: Welcome & Introduction by Giggling Gourmet Jenny Morris
- 10.15 – 11.15: WRITING – ‘Finding your Blog Voice’ by Jeanne Horak-Druiff and ‘Effective Recipe Writing & Editorial Techniques’ by Jane-Anne Hobbs
- 11.15 – 11.45: ‘Getting to know your camera’ by Nina Timm
- 11.45 – 12.00: Short Coffee Break
- 12.00 – 12.45: ‘How to be a better Blogger’ by Jeanne Horak-Druiff
- 12.45 – 13.30: Lunch Break
- 13.30 – 14.15: ‘Social Networking – Getting Connected’ by Sam Wilson
- 14.15 – 15.00: ‘Food Styling’ by Nina Timm
- 15.00 – 15.15: Short Tea/Coffee Break
- 15.15 – 16.00: ‘The Legalities & Ethics of Blogging’ by Jeanne Horak-Druiff
- 16.00 – 16.30: ‘Monetizing Your Blog – how to make money from blogging’ by Nina Timm
- 16.30 – 17.00: Questions & Answers with all the speakers
And if that is not enough to attract you …………..
* Each delegate will receive a goodie bag stuffed with exciting foodie lovers goodies!!!
* We will be having some grand prizes to hand out to some lucky bloggers. I have a few up my sleeve already but this one I have already shared with you all…..
So do yourself a favour guys…….email me your personal and contact details to email@example.com
I require real name (for name badges) blog name, email address and cell numbers. In return I will email you the banking details for EFT payments to secure your seat.
If you have already given me the above I will contact you via email soon.
I am still looking for some major companies to come on board with financial sponsorship. This is so that there can be a future for the SA FOOD BLOGGERS CONFERENCE and the chance to take it to other cities. If any of you have any contacts that could help me in this I would so value an email from you giving me details. Thank you so much.
Lastly, if you know of any food or wine bloggers on other blogging platforms who would be interested to find out about this blog please either let me know or give me their blogs names and I will go and find them and invite them. I have been doing a lot of that but it is very time consuming work trawling the net for bloggers. Most times I just get sooooo waylaid by all the fabulous looking food that I see out there LOL!!
Looking forward to hearing from you all. The speakers are all excited and working on their presentations and I personally cannot wait to get educated on blogging :o)