Zucchini fritters to celebrate with…..
I saw this recipe on a fellow SA blogger’s site. Her blog’s name is Rose & Thorn and she loves cooking easy meals for her family. She claims that you can get the fussiest non-veggie eaters to eat veggies by using the vegetables in fritters. I fortunately do not have fussy eaters, but like the idea of fritters for a light lunch. I adapted her recipe slightly, by adding a chopped chili as well as some corn for extra crunch. For the original recipe, click here.
For my adapted recipe, here goes……
1 large potato, peeled and grated
2 big zucchinis, grated
125 ml corn kernels
1 chili, chopped finely
Place grated veggies in a dry tea towel and squeeze out any excess water. Add beaten eggs and seasoning.
Warm some oil in a skillet and fry spoonfuls of this mixture until brown and delicious. Place on absorbent paper to get rid of some of the oil. Serve with some fresh rocket and sweet chili sauce for dipping.
And now for the good news. I got another award. Yeahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
This time I was awarded the Arteypico Award by Farida from Farida’s Azerbaijani Cookbook.
I am extremely flattered by this, because it was awarded for my artistic flair…… Well, I must tell you guys that cooking is in my veins, not art, but I try to make my meals look appealing, so thank you so much Farida for noticing.
The Arteypico award comes with these rules:
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
The 5 people that I would like to award this to is:
1. Sheila from Let’s mess up the kitchen – she is a wonderfully talented photographer and I am so inspired by her.
2. The mango girl from Mango Power girl – I love her artistic touch and she really works with the talent that she has received.
3. Maryann from Finding la dolce Vita – Her talents amaze me every time I go to her site. Not only is she a fantastic writer, but the photography in her last post, blew my mind….and also because she is always keen to share the sunlight with others. Thx Maryann, you are stunning!!
4. Kate from Applemint – I love her food styling and since this is my weak spot, I visit her site often for inspiration. Kate, thx for sharing all your wonderful creativeness with me.
5. Peabody from Culinary concoctions by Peabody – her food styling and artistic “eye” make me envious of her. Her photos all belong in a magazine and I love the natural look of her suff. You are so talented!!!!!
So there you have it, play along if you wish, but if you do not want to, just know that these awards come from my heart!!!.