Three cheese souffle.
Have you ever seen a twice-baked souffle recipe, well I think it is just a souffle recipe gone flat and someone saved the moment, by turning the souffle upside done, dress it with more cheese and voila! – a twice-baked souffle.
20ml butter, to line the ramekins(I used cups)
120gr cake flour
pinch of nutmeg
120g grated cheese(40gr each of Roquefort,cheddar and Parmesan)
6 egg yolks
8 egg whites
1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celsius
2. Butter the inside of 4 ramekins( I filled 5 cups)
3. Make a roux by melting the butter in the pot and adding the butter
4. Mix well and cook over a very gentle heat for 5 minutes.
5. In a separate pot, heat the milk to boiling point and then add the nutmeg.
6. Slowly add the milk to the roux
7.Mix well and return the mixture to the heat
8.Cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
9.Remove from the heat, add the cheese, egg yolks and mix well.
10. Allow to cool.
11. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the mixture.
12.Pour into ramekins or cups and baked for 20 minutes.
14. (If you cannot serve immediately, go for the twice-baked version)